Monday 29 October 2012

Shaken....out of your Comfort Zone?

Let me start by saying I think we have more than one 'Comfort Zone'. It could be the physical space we call 'home' or the daily one we call 'work'. It could be those special friends we call 'best'. It may be our long term partner or spouse. It may be our family members immediate or extended. it could be our health which has always been great, nothing to worry about it. Are you 'fit as a fiddle'? (what does that question really mean, we are not fiddles??)

"What about our finances" I hear some say. "Hey, De Skribe, we have something put aside for a rainy day..."

Great! but one day you wake up...what is it? ..the ground beneath you begins moving... a Shake.....an Earthquake!
I mean, you've now lost all your money; you've developed an illness; you lose a family member, someone close to you; your partner is gone 'left the building', 'left a note'; that 'best' friend is no longer 'best' but 'worst!; or you've been made redundant..no work..no pay..God Forbid!

The Shake...is a situation you didn't see coming. You know, those events in life that literally shake us from the inside, out. We can see it in the faces of some,..those people we see sleeping on the streets, in the shadows curled up in a blanket or a collection of newspapers...or those with a transparent gaze filled with illegal substamces...or some legal ones too. and those who have placed their mind or heart (in some cases both) in a wooden box for 'safe keeping'.

Is there a way to survive 'the Shake' successfully? I believe there is....

Firstly, to acknowledge there has been a 'Shake'. Identify it, if it has not been identified. What is it? Why do i get angry? Why do I walk away? Why do I......?

Secondly, look at the impact....."I am hurt, I feel let down or betrayed, I am devasated, I could have done better, I blame someone else...I blame myself....why?"

Thirdly, feel it...allow yourself to fully experience, what you are experiencing because that's what makes us REAL, GENUINE! TRUE! Don't delude yourself or others.

Finally, talk about it..when YOU are ready to. It may be uncomfortable at first but the growth, peace, healing, rebuilding and the great counsellors around you, who have been 'shaken' out of a zone themselves, willing to share positively, are worth the journey from 'Comfort Zone' to beyond the 'Shake'.

How do you kknow this De Skribe?
I know this because I been shaken, a landslide 'Shake'.....my child passed away not so long ago. I believe I will always carry a scar which covers a deep, deep, deep wound but by the grace of God....the growth, peace, healing, rebuilding and the counsel of good people that i have already experienced, is immense. (There are some really great people out there folks and some great family members too)

Are you in a Comfort Zone?...... Don't take it for granted.

Shaken.....? YOU can survice it, successfully. So, be careful out there!

I describe...YOU decide.

1 comment:

  1. I was shaken, but now I'm stirred. Keep it moving Sis.

    Bigz

    ReplyDelete